About Me

Recent Graduate from Textile Design student at Nottingham Trent University. My work consists of a combination of manual and digital print processes. Drawing is the key element throughout all my Textiles practice. (ALL the images posted on this blog are my own work and should not be used elsewhere without my permission. Thank you.) ©Yashmin Siraj 2012

Thursday 7 March 2013

Third Year- A Japanese Journey.

My final samples for my Japanese journey project. The focus of this samples is the contrast of the block geometrics, in the form of chevron striping and graphic linear line, and the more organic detailed drawn motifs influenced by the woodblock printing.
The samples are printing on silk habotai, silk viscose, a silk/polyester blend and several types of leather. All samples were manually screen printed using processes such as devore, foiling, metallic and reactive dyes.









 ©Yashmin Siraj 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment