About Me

Recent Graduate from Textile Design student at Nottingham Trent University. My work consists of a combination of manual and digital print processes. Drawing is the key element throughout all my Textiles practice. (ALL the images posted on this blog are my own work and should not be used elsewhere without my permission. Thank you.) ©Yashmin Siraj 2012

Thursday 7 March 2013

Third Year- Fabled Forest

For my final project of third year I decided to follow the trend 'Modern Myth'. The WGSN predicted trend for A/W 14/15 focused heavily on a mystical, other worldly mood. From my trend research i became influenced by the term fable. I began research into the well known Aesop's fables. The fables themselves are quite strange and imaginative. I want to use these stories within my drawing and samples, the forest will be the settings/context for samples,  I want to create a mystical, fantasy like context for the animals mentioned in the fables.
There was also a stylised approach to my drawing. This was influenced from the folklore element that is apparent in the trend forecasts.  The Maori culture and its art style connect with the stylised element of the drawing. The Maori tattoos, wood carvings and painting will serve as inspiration for the drawing. 










All images ©Yashmin Siraj

No comments:

Post a Comment